Parkland Health Center offers a unique combination of world-class medicine along with the deep local roots and rich history of its three predecessors -- Bonne Terre Hospital (opened in 1911), Mineral Area Regional Medical Center (1952), and Farmington Community Hospital (1969).
Parkland Health Center-Bonne Terre, just off Highway 67, is a primary-care facility with medical offices, 24-hour emergency room services and ancillary services. The facility was recognized for its design and function by the American Society for Healthcare Engineering.
Parkland Health Center-Farmington, east of US 67 on Liberty Street, is a 130-bed, full-service hospital with services for maternity and pediatrics, laboratory and radiology, cardiac rehabilitation, a cardiopulmonary department, outpatient and inpatient surgery, physical therapy, diabetes clinic, geriatric psychiatric unit, and renal dialysis. Parkland Cancer Center provides diagnostics and primary cancer treatment including medical oncology, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, access to clinical trials, genetic testing and radiation oncology referrals as well as continuous follow-up, consultations and second opinions for cancer and blood disorder management.
Parkland Health Center also offers diagnostic radiology, ultrasound, mammography, nuclear medicine, CT scan, special procedures, MRI, and echocardiography in addition to a 24-hour, state-of-the-art physician-staffed emergency service.
The Emergency Room provides support to triage, diagnose and treat patients presenting for emergency services in a timely, customer focused manner on a 24/7 basis, irregardless of ability to pay for the services.
Provides direct patient care to support the licensed professional nurses responsible for a team of patients to ensure a safe environment for patients by reducing risk of harm. Collects vital information on the patient and reports such to the RN which contributes to the overall assessment of each patient and any changes to a patient's condition.
- Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse, promoting patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Administers or assists patients with ADL, performs VS, I&O, fall and pressure ulcer prevention measures, foley care, phlebotomy, or point of care testing as requested.
- Collects clinical data and information on patients, and reports changes in patient status to the nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided.
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient's needs.
- Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and life long learning, as well as acting as 1:1 patient safety sitter as necessary.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Benefits Statement
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer