Parkland Health Center offers a unique combination of world-class medicine along with the deep local roots and rich history of its three predecessors -- Bonne Terre Hospital (opened in 1911), Mineral Area Regional Medical Center (1952), and Farmington Community Hospital (1969).
Parkland Health Center-Bonne Terre, just off Highway 67, is a primary-care facility with medical offices, 24-hour emergency room services and ancillary services. The facility was recognized for its design and function by the American Society for Healthcare Engineering.
Parkland Health Center-Farmington, east of US 67 on Liberty Street, is a 130-bed, full-service hospital with services for maternity and pediatrics, laboratory and radiology, cardiac rehabilitation, a cardiopulmonary department, outpatient and inpatient surgery, physical therapy, diabetes clinic, geriatric psychiatric unit, and renal dialysis. Parkland Cancer Center provides diagnostics and primary cancer treatment including medical oncology, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, access to clinical trials, genetic testing and radiation oncology referrals as well as continuous follow-up, consultations and second opinions for cancer and blood disorder management.
Parkland Health Center also offers diagnostic radiology, ultrasound, mammography, nuclear medicine, CT scan, special procedures, MRI, and echocardiography in addition to a 24-hour, state-of-the-art physician-staffed emergency service.
The Emergency Room provides support to triage, diagnose and treat patients presenting for emergency services in a timely, customer focused manner on a 24/7 basis, regardless of ability to pay for the services.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of emergency nursing care.
- Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- Responsible for prioritizing medical and mental health care for various levels of acuities. Quickly recognize and effectively treat life-threatening conditions while rapidly prioritizing and delivering appropriate care.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of emergency nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Acts as patient advocate. Demonstrates competence and critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial and emotional needs of all patients.
- Understands the unique learning needs of patients and families. Educates patients and their families on disease process, management of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection prevention techniques and preparation for next transition of care.
- Must maintain competency and actively participates in training to be prepared for emergency response. Provides direct care during disasters, crisis intervention and response. Collaborate with community first responders to develop, implement and evaluate preparedness strategies.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
- Bachelor's Degree
- - Nursing
Licenses & Certifications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Certified Emergency Nurse.
- Cert/Lic in Area of Expertise
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- Time Critical Diagnosis
- Trauma Nurse Core Course
- Benefits Statement
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer