If you’re looking for employment in the Farmington area, you’ve come to the right place. Check out the following links to learn more about positions in our area and find search resources to help you along the way.
Job Seeker Tools
Have you ever wondered what employers are looking for in job interviews and employees? The Farmington Regional Chamber has partnered with Farmington High School Black Knight television to record and produce interviews with our largest local employers asking these questions. If you are interviewing for a job in the Farmington region we highly recommend watching these interviews.
- What do you look for when hiring an employee?
- What soft skills do you value the most?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes you have seen in interviews?
- What are some of the best interview tips you could share with a high school student?
- What are the 5 most important characteristics of a good employee?
- What does professionalism mean to you?
Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist
Make a Positive Impact
First State Community Bank is looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual to fill the role of Technical Support Specialist. The Technical Support Specialist position is an IT Infrastructure Programming/Maintenance position.
In this role, you will be responsible for research, design, build out, testing documentation and maintenance of new and existing technology solutions. Diagnosis of hardware related issues will also be a key part of the role.
Responsibilities in Accordance with our Corporate Values
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors and other internal departments for problem resolution
- Respond to and resolve end-user tech support work orders within agreed time limits
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Responsible for patch management of client and server systems
- PowerShell scripting, API development and SQL development, including development of accurate procedural and process related documentation
- Establish and communicate repeatable processes and template to drive operational efficiency with continuous feedback and improvement
- Implement procedures which align with business continuity for database environments, including installation and configuration of database software and replication processes in a HA environment
- Configure, install, maintain and implement operating systems, application software, system updates via SCCM/MECM and other organization management tools
- Monitor, maintenance and provide support for the assigned IT infrastructure components
What You Can Expect
- Competitive pay and benefits program including an annual bonus program.
- 401k with generous employer match benefit
- Helpful, qualified, and available leadership
- A caring, stable work environment
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Networking, or a related subject (Equivalent work experience may offset degree requirement)
- 4 - 6 yrs experience in equivalent role
- 2 - 3 yrs experience with infrastructure components in an enterprise environment
- Well-developed knowledge and professional application of database theory and design
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting + at least one or more programming languages
- Up-to-date knowledge regarding industry best practices for programming and coding and SQL server/database maintenance
- Experience in the following: enterprise management tools, including cloud platforms (Azure), IIS, Web framework and hosted environment
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours
- Applicable certifications relevant to job role required
Being a First Stater...
Being a First Stater means that you roll up your sleeves and dig in. It means you work hard and do your best. It means that you enjoy learning new skills and are always eager to improve. It means you help the team by being a great teammate. It means you're passionate about making a difference in the lives of our customers and our communities. It means you consistently find new ways to improve our organization.
Do you have what it takes to be a First Stater?
Make a difference - Apply Now!
First State Bancshares, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.